Is Your Hair Thinning? What will happen if you use Shikakai for hair loss? Does it really help?
Use Shikakai Powder as Shampoo – Learn Why and How: What is Shikakai? Why use Shikakai instead of chemical-based products?
Are there any side effects of using shikakai powder as shampoo? What are the ingredients in shikakai powder? All these questions and more are answered by this post. The steps are also given on how to make shikakai powder at home.
5 Reasons to choose Shikakai Powder as a shampoo
Shikakai Powder – is a product of India and is obtained from the seed of the Babul tree. It has been used as a shampoo for ages and has proven to be very beneficial for hair health.If you suffer from itchy, dandruff-ridden, or excessively oily hair, then shikakai powder can help.
In spite of the fact that shikakai powder is very effective and economical, it can also be used as a shampoo. Those who have dandruff or extremely dry hair should use this powder for their hair.
Shikakai powder is a very popular natural product for treating hair, it’s 100% herbal and naturally detoxifies your hair. It helps in giving hair its natural strength and shine. By using shikakai powder as shampoo, not only does clean your hair but also makes your scalp healthy and removes dandruff.
It is the best natural treatment for the scalp. Here’s our 5-minute guide on How to use shikakai powder as shampoo.
How to mix shikakai powder with water?
- Mix 1 tablespoon of shikakai powder with ½ cup of water
- Mix everything well and keep it for 10 minutes
- Mix again and then use it for your hair
- Massage for at least 5 minutes and then wash off the hair
- For better result, do this every day
Is Shikakai powder better than shampoo?
Shikakai powder is a natural alternative to shampoo because it’s made from the fruit of the Shikakai plant, which is commonly used as a soap substitute. The powder has traditionally been used in India and Pakistan to shampoo the hair and can be used both in washes for daily hair care.
Shikakai powder is very effective in preventing dandruff. The powder cleanses the scalp and improves hair growth. Due to its cleansing properties, it exfoliates the scalp by removing impurities and dead skin cells. Although shikakai powder can be used alone, it is best as a substitute for your regular shampoo.
How to use Shikakai powder as shampoo?
This is a question that I have been asked by many! Mix some shikakai powder in a bowl till its forms a smooth paste. Apply it all over your hair and scalp, just like a regular shampoo.
You can mix shikakai powder with any, body wash bottle of your choice. For example, take 1 spoon of shikakai powder and add it to a normal body wash bottle or a soap pump container. Mix it well so that there are no lumps of the shampoo in it. Then use it as you use the normal shampoo on your hair.
What are the benefits of shikakai for hair
- Shikakai prevents dandruff and dry scalp
- Shikakai is used as a hair cleanser
- Shikakai can be used for people with curly hair
- Shikakai powder is mild and acts as a natural conditioner
- Use shikakai powder to control oiliness of hair
- It is a good source of essential oils and vitamins
- It prevents premature graying of hair
- Shikakai has a nice smell and makes your hair smell good
- It helps you get shiny, soft, and silky hair
- It’s gentle on hair and scalp
Can I wash my hair daily with Shikakai?
Yes, you can. You can wash your hair daily with Shikakai regardless of your hair’s texture and length. Just make sure to use warm water and not very hot water while washing your head with Shikakai.
It doesn’t damage your skin and hair because it has the right pH balance. The traditional way of using Shikakai was to wash your hair & scalp daily. It contains natural ingredients that strengthen your hair and help to fight dandruff.
It’s suitable for normal hair oily and dry hair as well. Just use a little of the powder and mix it with milk or water, and apply it to washed hair and cover it with a shower cap for 5 to 10 minutes. Then rinse your hair. This should be done once daily at least once in three days. Regular usage of shikakai will help make your scalp clean and healthy.
is shikakai harmful for the eyes
Shikakai has been used for centuries in India because of its goodness. It is good for the health of the eyes. As the Shikakai powder comes in direct contact with the eye, it is to be taken care that it is not harmful to the eye. Some precautions have to be taken while using Shikakai and these are as under.
- 10 Best Herbal Shampoos in India – That You Should Try in 2021
- Best Hair Bleach In India | A Complete Bleaching Guide For Men and Women
- How To Use Shikakai Powder As Shampoo You Tried It: Shikakai As Shampoo
- Best Black Seed Oil in India? How To Use It And What Are Its Benefits?
- Mamaearth Onion Hair Oil Review, Uses, Benefits, Side effects | Does It Really Work?
- How do I remove oil from hair using Shikakai? Use this Natural way
- Best WOW Shampoo For Hair Fall Buyers Guide
Yaseen Bhat is a 37-year-old from Srinagar Kashmir a full-time Blogger and founder of khoj10best.com This blog usually covers beauty tips, health tips, fashion tips, etc. Hope you like this blog. Stay connected with us!